Dear FutureMe

I wrote this on fb last June 5, 2015

----------

Dear FutureMe,

If the husband and I accomplish all our goals for this year God willing, I can call this the best year of my life so far. I am hopeful that the best is yet to come for you. You and I may have set aside some important things in our life in the past dozen of years or so, but I know that where you are right now is exactly where God wants you to be. With His help and mercy, I promise not to give up on my most important goal this year because this is for you and the husband. I know you have always been the number 1 critic of ourself (wrong grammar intended), a perfectionist as what people label us, so I will use this trait of ours to challenge my skills and determination at the moment, to do the things that I must, and most importantly, to overcome our chronic procrastination, with God's help. And speaking of... I hope that at this very moment, procrastination has already left you exactly 5 years ago. Needless to say, today is my last day of procrastination so I'll say goodbye to it!

I'd like to think that our planned trip to South America will also be a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ gift for us. I know that to deserve this gift won't be easy and I'm bracing myself for long and sleepless nights, mutant-level brain cell activities, and darker under eye skin. Aren't we lucky to have a very supportive, and understanding husband? Did I mention handsome? After successfully scoring my goal hopefully some time in September or October God willing, it's time to support the husband in his ultimate dream to retire young and time-wealthy. After all, marriage is not just romance. It's a partnership.




In case senior moment strikes you often now more than ever, recall that I am writing this letter while having a large cup of our favorite McDo brewed coffee at Eastwood Mall. Today is Friday the 5th of June 2015, 29 minutes past 6pm. I am waiting for the husband whose work schedule is from 10am to 8pm. I went bank hopping from morning to early in the afternoon today: BPI - Metrobank - BPI - Maybank - BDO. I expect that the husband and I will have dinner at around 7pm, and after his work, we will go to the PCA office in QC for his PL Meeting and I'll be waiting for him at Trinoma until the guards shoo me out of the mall during closing time.

I have mixed emotions at the moment. It's about what happened in the past 2 weeks. First is that feeling of anxiety and excitement about the future. Future --- meaning 24 hours from now as it will dictate my activities for next week and in your life in general. It's a perfect picture of a situation wherein I can no longer do anything. And I thank God for bringing me to this, for making me realize once again that I am His creation dependent on His help and mercy. A deeper reason why I need success in this is really not for you or me, but for the husband who allowed and continuously supports me in doing this since the start of the year.

The second set of emotions is sadness, pain, and pity (pity not for myself) because the response I got so far is very much out of phase with the output that I expect. A third party and fresh set of eyes and ears are what I need at the moment but getting them can do more harm than good. Again, this is another case wherein the best thing to do is wait and watch as God's will unfolds right before me.

These emotions get through my every single nerve cell. I can feel them in my fingers down to my toes. I am thankful that I still feel pain, because as what Kuya Daniel said, "Pain is a sign of life". To sum up, I have more than enough to be thankful for because He knows what I need and when I need it.

Given that your age is five years older than mine, I expect that with His help, you are a much better and wiser person who still keeps the faith that we have fought for, almost 19 years ago (at your present time). I may not have always done the best decisions for you, but I hope you have you continued to follow and obey God's plans. You may never understand them all at once but always drill to your hard head that they are for your own sake and don't you ever forget that.

Sincerely,
You minus 5 years

Comments