Challenges: How I Plan to Save for Our Trip to Brazil (Part 6)

As promised, here is the next part in the series of posts for our pre-travel to South America.  If you missed my previous posts on our pre-travel game plan for our trip to and vacation in South America, you may start reading here.

The start of savings period didn't seem like a walk in the park.  A lot of periodic expenses are coming up:

  • Miggy's PMS (ASAP), tire replacement (ASAP, done), comprehensive insurance renewal (May), LTO registration renewal (July)
  • Natalie LTO registration renewal (April), comprehensive insurance renewal (June)
  • Annual premium for my investment in mutual funds with life insurance rider (October)
These things are not just nice to have, but are mandatory so we can't skip any of them.  The mutual fund investment is mandatory because its one way where we can really keep our money and give it the opportunity to grow.  I intend to pay for it for at least 10 years, with God's help.

Now, here's a bigger challenge. When I made the schedule of our savings, I planned for 12 months.  About a week later, our Overall Servant announced that the next International Thanksgiving in Brazil will be on December 24, 25, and 26 of this year.  While the 6-month plan to save for airfare won't be affected, the time to save for pocket money will surely be shortened.  So I doubt if we can still afford a one month vacation in South America.  The next day, a revelation came to me.  No, not the false revelation given to Quiboloy.  I will postpone spilling the beans until I can see a speck of light at the end of the tunnel.

Update:  The International Thanksgiving in Brazil happened in April 2016, like in the previous years.


Comments